We have a great selection of India & Indian Ocean Holidays and Tours that can be tailored to your needs. Contact our experts via live chat, email or telephone with your requirements and let us put together your perfect itinerary.
Alila Diwa Goa is situated in South Goa along the coast of the beautiful Majorda Beach with panoramic views of vast verdant paddy fields leading out to the Arabian Sea. The destination is at the heart of The Alila Diwa Goa Experience…and is yours to explore with the guidance of our Alila Leisure Concierge team.
ALILA DIWA GOA – At Going Luxury we constantly receive special offers for this delightful property. Get in touch with us via live chat, email or phone to check the latest offers for your holiday requirements. Travel early December or mid-January for the best prices.
Enhance your holiday with lifestyle activities tailored to individual interests across five themes – Cultural Learning, Conscious Living, Active Spirit, Culinary Arts and Couple Celebration.
Explore the charm and beauty of Goa and the resort through endless enriching encounters from the wonderful Alila Hotels.
‘This luxury hotel is designed with tropical, Bali-esque elements and has everything for a family-friendly stay including endless views over green fields and a beach not too far away.’ (The Telegraph).
Majorda is around nine miles from Goa’s Dabolim airport and 18 miles from Goa’s capital Panjim. The hotel is a 15-minute drive away from Margao City. There are several excellent restaurants all along the beach belt, but you will need a taxi to get to most of them. To get to the hotel, take a taxi through narrow village roads, over train tracks and large green fields everywhere you look. The 14-acre property is not too far from Majorda beach. There is a private path from the hotel to the beach but you can also use the complimentary shuttle service from the hotel and back.
There are 153 spacious Alila Diwa Goa guestrooms and suites decorated in tropical luxury with furniture in dark wood, a balcony with outdoor seating and a large tub in every room. Goan elements show up in the materials used – laterite stone, clay tiles on pitched roofs, high ceilings and columns around courtyards. There are several little water bodies lining the pathways which add charm and character but can lead to accidents especially at night as guests sometimes do not realise that they are stepping off into the dimly lit water. The Diwa Club with 27 rooms and eight suites is a ‘resort within a resort’ in the hotel with its own pool, lounge and restaurant.
The infinity pool at Alila Diwa Goa is its biggest draw. Overlooking green fields with a rim of coconut trees, the pool (with a children’s pool that comes with smaller, child-sized sunbeds) consistently features in the top-rated infinity pools in the country. The pool is surrounded by the Edge Bar, a good spot to have a drink after a swim or before dinner. The hotel has a Leisure Concierge Team that guides guests on local events, sightseeing tours and family-friendly activities.
Within the hotel itself there’s a large spa that offers treatments including a popular ‘Detox Detour’ package. Guests also have access to a library, movie theatre (two screenings every day), gym, yoga studio (with complimentary sessions twice a week), salon and children’s section. The Alila Diwa Goa Living Boutique stocks swim and lounge-wear and products from their spa. The complimentary Wi-Fi access is fast and reliable.
All rooms have a balcony with comfortable sofas with views of either the pool or surrounding fields. If you’re lucky you might spot a dazzling kingfisher or golden oriole outside your window. The rooms are open plan with sliding doors dividing the bedroom from the bath and closet area, which includes a large tub and enclosed shower. It took a while for the hot water to get to the tub but it seemed to work fine in the shower. The furniture is dark which contrasts with the pale bedding and walls.
There are various options for controlling the lighting in the rooms including specific ones for reading, relaxing or sleeping. Having multiple options is excellent but there’s no apparent way to switch the backlit lighting panel off at night as it reflects light into an otherwise dark room. The rooms are air-conditioned and opening the doors leading to the balcony turns the air-con off. Complimentary fruit and biscuits are provided along with an assortment of teas.
There are four restaurants on the property. The Edge Bar by the pool has an array of drinks and cocktails, along with light snacks. Spice Studio is their signature Indian restaurant and is set around a large banyan tree. The menu features food from around the country including Goan fare. The staff were helpful and offered suggestions for cocktails which would complement the meal. The Bistro restaurant is located within the Diwa Club and has Mediterranean and Middle-East influenced food while Vivo has Oriental, Indian and Continental food. It is also where the complimentary buffet breakfast is served.
Breakfast includes Indian (including made-to-order dosas with chutney), fresh fruit, salads, home-made jams and an assortment of food including eggs to order, vegetable and fruit juices and delicious, fresh ice-cream.
Looking for something else? Get in touch and let us find your perfect getaway. We have access to lots of other holiday deals, some not even listed on our site yet!
- Spa & Wellness
- Lose yourself in a world of sheer indulgence at Spa Alila. Revel in an array of treatments and therapies at the hands of our expert staff and emerge completely relaxed and energised! Inspired by the age-old healing traditions of Ayurveda, Spa Alila also offers bespoke programmes crafted to your body constitution and wellness requirements.
- A delicious mix of Oriental, Indian and Continental favourites with plenty of healthy choices to suit every palate. An elaborate breakfast selection of Western and Indian dishes. Vivo offers an a la carte menu during lunch and dinner presenting light, healthy meal choices. At dinner, ‘live’ interactive buffet counters engage and excite your taste buds with varying themes during the week.
- Spice Studio
- Located on an elevated platform that spreads naturally around a banyan tree and surrounded by a water body, it features a menu celebrating regional fare from across India and an extensive array of seafood. You can choose from cuisine from the Northern region of the country (Punjab, Rajasthan, Kashmir and Awadhi style), South India (Kerala,Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh), Eastern influences (Assam, Bengal, Orissa), cuisine from Western India (Maharashtra, Gujarat) and our very own Goa.
- You can choose from an a la carte bistro-style menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner that offers a wide selection of light meals with Mediterranean and Middle Eastern influences complemented by an extensive selection of fine beverages. Guests can enjoy fresh, seasonal delicacies or personalise menu choices according to their preferences at one of the best restaurants in Goa.
- Edge Bar & Lounge
- Relax on sunbeds while sipping on fusion cocktails, snacking on light, mouthwatering delicacies and soaking in the beautiful views. Enjoy your evenings with foot-tapping music, an extensive beverage menu featuring fine wines, single malts and more, and exotic tapas.