Enjoy our special offer for the Carlton on the Grand Canal! Book now via our friendly luxury holiday experts! This is very limited by date please contact for details.
This is our favourite hotel in what is possibly the romantic capital of the world. Venice needs little introduction and the Carton on the Grand Canal is one of the flagship hotels of this incredible city. Built on more than 100 small islands in a lagoon in the Adriatic Sea. No roads, just canals, including the Grand Canal thoroughfare which is lined with Renaissance and Gothic palaces and the Carlton on the Grand Canal Hotel.
CARLTON ON THE GRAND CANAL – At Going Luxury we constantly receive special offers for this delightful property. Get in touch with us via live chat, email or phone to check the latest offers for your holiday requirements.
Near to the railway station of Santa Lucia, to the Cruise Terminal/Maritime Station and the parking areas at Piazzale Roma, the hotel is practical, convenient and easy to reach, in a privileged position to visit all the main tourist attractions.
The pastel colours, Venetian plaster-work and wall-lamps in Murano glass, the Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal will enchant you with its refined elegance.
All the 145 rooms are furnished in the Venetian style of the 1700s. equipped with every modern comfort. Free Wi-fi in all rooms and public areas.
La Cupola Restaurant offers typically Venetian menus, seasonal and innovative, all dishes prepared with local ingredients from our territory.
The elegant Carlton Café offers the possibility to savour excellent drinks, nibbles and snacks.
This trip is included as one of our ‘Bucket List Tours’ which we have carefully compiled. These are our top suggestions for an unforgettable trip of a lifetime. Flexible tours, durations and dates that can be tailored to your specific needs. Looking for a trip of a lifetime? We have access to a plethora of worldwide destinations, some not even listed on our site yet, with escorted tours and excursions included. Get in touch with our experts with your requirements and let them tailor your perfect holiday of a lifetime.
The jewel in the crown of the Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal is the splendid panoramic terrace Top of the Carlton Sky Lounge and Restaurant. On the 4th floor, the venue of celebrations, parties and social gatherings, it is the ideal place for a romantic evening with a splendid view of the Grand Canal and the Venice skyline.
Venice Christmas Market
Sponsored by the Artisan Association, the market features Christmas ornaments and decorations of Murano glass, traditional carnival masks, ceramics, jewelry, marbled paper and other Venetian craft specialties.
Murano glass is also used in jewelry, alone or worked into designs with silver and gold. Carnival masks can be as simple as the red, gold and black eye masks or elaborate creations from the studios of all the town.
One section of the Campo San Stefano market is devoted to Italian specialty foods – traditional cakes and sweets, fine olive oils, vintage balsamic vinegars and other locally made gourmet products fill the booths. Look for creamy white almond-studded nougat, fruit-filled panetone from nearby Verona, bags of specialty pastas, tiny biscotti, dried porcini mushrooms, candied chestnuts and delicacies made with precious white truffles from Alba.
The market’s festive atmosphere is heightened by musicians, concerts and entertainment, with some programs designed especially for children. Along with a shopping venue, the Christmas Market is a gathering place where Venetians and travelers mingle. Located in the Sestiere of Dorsoduro, the square adjoins the Peggy Guggenheim Museum, not far from Gallerie dell’Accademia, and is an easy walk from San Marco via the Accademia Bridge across the Grand Canal.
Christmas Market Opening Date: 3rd December – 24th December
Looking for something else? Get in touch and let us find your perfect getaway. We have access to lots of other holiday deals, some not even listed on our site yet!
- Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal gives you free access to the Venice Casino. At reception, you can book restaurants and theatre tickets. San Marco Square is a pleasant 25-minute walk away, also reachable by vaporetto water bus.
- Santa Croce is a great choice for travellers interested in scenery, atmosphere and sightseeing.
- La Cupola
- Elegant reflections, persuasive aromas, brilliant colours and exclusive tastes. These are the elements which characterise our restaurant ‘La Cupola’, a jewel in style both the venue and the atmosphere and the harmonies of the menus proposed by our Chef, inspired by the traditions of Venetian cuisine with genuine ingredients but with an innovative and original touch.
- The distinguished and welcoming atmosphere, the refined cuisine will surround and overwhelm you, transforming your ‘being at table’ into an exceptional moment. You will be welcomed and seated with warmth and friendliness, and competently advised in your choices.
- Dishes of the typical Venetian, Italian and international cuisine will be served with elegant simplicity. Both refinement and genuineness are most important to us in our dishes, as well as accompanying them with an exclusive choice of wines. Our Maitre Filippo Nocerino will be at your disposition for your requests and advice. An ideal place for your celebrations or for a simple romantic evening in Venice, our restaurant ‘La Cupola’ will satisfy every expectation and your palate!
- Top Of The Carlton Sky Lounge & Restaurant
- When it’s time to relax, let yourself be carried high up into the most beautiful Sky Lounge in Venice, a real sitting room in the sky, where you can sip cocktails among the clouds and taste superb dishes of delicious, fresh ingredients of Venetian and Mediterranean traditions.
- To start or to finish an elegant, fashionable evening, come to the TOP OF THE CARLTON SKY LOUNGE , the splendid panoramic terrace on the 4th floor of the Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal. Here you can experience an extraordinary view which takes in the whole of Venice with the majestic Grand Canal lined with its antique noble mansions, the harmonious skyline of Venice full of domes, bell towers, arches and spires, as well as the more modern Constitution Bridge.
- A vast choice of cocktails, snacks and light dining will accompany your evening while you sit comfortably enjoying the view watching a romantic sunset. TOP OF THE CARLTON can be reserved for private events, wedding receptions, birthday parties, anniversaries, company and business events, public relations gatherings – our only limit is …….the sky!
- Carlton Cafe
- The Carlton Café is a delightful place at all hours. Early risers can sip an excellent espresso coffee accompanied by cakes and biscuits prepared daily by our Chef. Mid-morning, you can choose a quick snack, a fresh salad or an ice-cream. Before dinner our barman is at your disposition to prepare wonderful local and international cocktails and aperitifs.
- At the Carlton Café, time passes to the sound of tinkling glasses and cups and the aroma of coffee!