Welcome to the Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa. The deep turquoise blue water of the Sea of Oman is hypnotic, contrasting vividly with the majestic mountains that rise behind the resort. This is the fascination of Oman. Spectacular sunsets and stunning sunrises decorate the Sea of Oman.
Don’t leave us without getting a quote or some help finding your next holiday. Whether you want a full package holiday or just the hotel, it’s so easy to get in touch with our friendly experts via email, live chat or phone, we are always here for you. This includes after you book. We don’t hide, in fact, we love to hear from our customers and make it easy to get in touch. You can’t say that about many companies these days. Bear in mind too, that we are a company that guarantees a refund if your holiday is cancelled due to government advice. Not many travel companies can say this, just search it up online to read the stories. We are ABTA & ATOL bonded & regulated, which means that we are financially safe and governed by a body. This is becoming a rarity too, as other travel companies are leaving ABTA, seemingly so they can ignore their responsibilities. Again, search it up if you want to read more. So… what are you waiting for? We are the perfect travel company to book with! Get in touch and let us take care of everything for you.
Should I book a package holiday? Booking your holiday as a package (flights and hotel together, at the same time, with the same company) does give you added protection by law so that is our preferred method of booking your holiday. If you do prefer to source the flights yourself then we are happy to provide the amazing rates, upgrades and offers that we get for the hotels we deal with. If you do need to make any amendments to your hotel booking due to your flights changing, then we will always do our best to accommodate your needs and this can usually be done with the minimum of fuss. It will just be subject to room availability and any new costs (eg new dates may be more expensive, it may be cheaper). Our experts are always on hand to help guide you with advice and do all the work for you behind the scenes.
Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa – At Going Luxury we constantly receive special offers for this delightful property. Get in touch with us via live chat, email or phone to check the latest offers for your holiday requirements.
The experience is elevated at Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, Sultanate of Oman. Two hotels await your arrival. Approaching Al Waha, your excitement heightens as a man-made tunnel through the mountain leads you to a sanctuary facing the Gulf of Oman.
As a family-focused hotel, Al Waha lives up to its name, with several swimming pools merging to form a serene oasis. Date palms and traditional Dhofari architecture remind you that you are in Arabia.
Lunchtime closes in as you head for the resort’s focal point, Al Bandar Hotel. As its name suggests, this hotel is akin to a town with a mélange of restaurants. After you savour the exquisite Arabian flavours of tender roasted meats at Al Tanoor restaurant, you decide to take home a piece of Oman with the intricately designed crafts, jewellery and artwork from the gift shop and art gallery.
Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa Location
It’s hard to pull yourself away from it all but Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa is just 20 minutes away from Muscat. You leave knowing that you can always return to Shangri-La within the Sultanate of Oman, for a fun-filled vacation in a relaxed and casual setting.
‘Set against a backdrop of the Hajar Mountains and the Gulf of Oman, Al Husn is an adult-oriented hotel with a private beach, huge infinity pool, spacious sea-facing rooms and two upmarket restaurants. Part of a three-hotel resort, guests can also make use of a lazy river and spa’ ( The Telegraph).
Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa Overview
The exterior – inspired by the clean lines of traditional Omani forts – is as simple as the interiors are opulent. Huge carved wooden doors lead into the lobby, decked out with shimmering gold-tiled fountains, colourful carpets and framed khanjars (traditional daggers). Moorish-style arches frame views of the ocean from one end of the central courtyard, and the palm-filled space is particularly atmospheric at night when guests gather for complimentary cocktails and canapés accompanied by a harpist.
Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa Rooms
The 180 rooms and suites each come with a balcony or terrace, butler service, a Nespresso machine and a free minibar. Entry-level deluxe rooms feature neutral shades, sumptuous silk furnishings and dark wood furniture. The bathrooms are brilliant, with L’Occitane amenities, a large walk-in rain shower and a bath separated from the bedroom with a beautiful wooden lattice screen.
Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa Food & Drink
Breakfast at Sultanah is superb, with both buffet and à la carte options, along with fresh smoothies and juices. Dinner is also highly recommended, with dishes such as wagyu beef and Hokkaido scallops that more than match the views. Shahrazad serves Moroccan, Lebanese and Omani cuisine, while the pool and beach bars serve salads, sandwiches and light meals.
Around the rest of the resort, there are five casual eateries including the beachfront Bait Al Bahr seafood restaurant, along with two all-day dining spots and half a dozen cafés and bars.
Looking for something else? Get in touch and let us find your perfect getaway. We have access to lots of other holiday deals, some not even listed on our site yet!
- The Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa offers a 550-yard beach, six swimming pools supervised by lifeguards and a 600-yard Lazy River floating between the two hotels’ main swimming pools.
- Thrilling water sports activities: hydro-sport jetpacking, wakeboarding, water skiing, clear-bottom kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding and so much more.
- CHI, The Spa features some of the largest and most luxurious private spa suites and villas in Oman, all within a secluded setting among lush gardens.
Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa Restaurants
- Al Tanoor
- Al Tanoor serves classic cuisines of the Arabian Gulf region in a traditional Omani atmosphere. Arabian tents, pottery and vibrant colours complement the enticing dishes prepared for you at the open cooking stations. In addition to Arabian cuisine, the restaurant offers Mediterranean, Persian, Indian and Turkish favourites.
- Bait Al Bahr
- The splendid Gulf of Oman forms a great backdrop for enjoying the unique and distinct flavours of Omani cuisine at Bait Al Bahr. Experience the rich heritage and culture of Oman through our fresh seafood, prepared right by the beach.
- Capri Court
- Capri Court offers a contemporary Italian experience through its innovative menu and stylish restaurant design. Enjoy its fashionable ambience indoors or relax in the outdoor seating area, with gorgeous beach and garden views. With a focus on freshness and flavour, new dishes are constantly introduced to highlight seasonal produce.
- Samba showcases exotic, international cuisine with flavours of Asia, Latin America and the Mediterranean. Dishes are prepared in open show kitchens, providing diners with the opportunity to interact with the chefs.
- Surf Cafe
- Surf Café is a fashionable and casual dining venue with its own Internet stations. Serving American-style salads, burgers and sandwiches, it’s a great spot to stay connected while enjoying light refreshments.
- Tapas & Sablah
- Tapas is an outdoor venue in the heart of the resort serving authentic hot and cold Spanish tapas. The menu is complemented by a full beverage and shisha selection.
- Zafran Cafe
- With indoor and outdoor seating, Zafran Cafe is close to the middle of the shopping arcade and children’s facilities. Serving coffee, teas, pastries and light meals, it is great for leisurely dining and catching up with family and friends.
Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa Bars
- Al Waha Lobby Lounge
- With panoramic views, Al Waha Lobby Lounge offers wide range of beverages, light snacks and afternoon teas.
- Al Bandar Lobby Lounge
- A lively meeting place in the heart of the resort, Al Bandar Lobby Lounge serves an exclusive selection of fine teas, cocktails and other refreshments.
- Piano Lounge
- With a long terrace overlooking the Sea of Oman, Piano Lounge provides memorable views of the sea and the surrounding resort. The extensive menu includes fine range of gin spirits, wines, popular beverages and light snacks. Stop by for pre-dinner drinks or late-evening cocktails.
- Enjoy a wide selection of light and healthy salads, sandwiches and snacks, as well as refreshing cold beverages throughout the day.
- Tuck into a tasty pizza from the wood-fired oven at Circles. Snacks, pasta dishes, health drinks and cocktails are also served.
- B.A.B Lounge
- B.A.B Lounge is a rooftop terrace offering uninterrupted views of the Gulf of Oman. The environment is great for relaxing over pre-dinner drinks or late-night cocktails, mocktails, wine and champagne while enjoying a selection of sharing platters and light snacks.