Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel, the proud recipient of the prestigious 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019 & 2020 World Travel Award as “Croatia’s Leading Hotel” and the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 World Travel Award as “Croatia’s Leading Business Hotel”, is located on the tranquil Babin Kuk peninsula, surrounded by pine tree forests and soothing white pebble beaches.
VALAMAR LACROMA DUBROVNIK – At Going Luxury we constantly receive special offers for this delightful property. Get in touch with us via live chat, email or phone to check the latest offers for your holiday requirements.
Renowned for its fusion of nature and state of the art facilities, the hotel offers ultra modern rooms and suites, the largest MICE facilities in the area, memorable gastronomic experiences in its gourmet restaurant, a wine bar terrace with panoramic views of the Elaphiti Islands and an abundance of activities to let you create a perfectly balanced holiday in Croatia.
‘This family-friendly four-star hotel enjoys stunning sea views from a stunning position amidst lawns, palms and olive trees. First impressions suggest the hotel might be a little impersonal due to its size, but sea views and welcoming staff create an atmosphere that is open and relaxed’ The Telegraph.
The Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik is situated in the Babin Kuk area on the Lapad Peninsula, in gardens set back from the coast. It doesn’t have a beachfront, but it does face the Adriatic. A bus stops outside the front which runs to Dubrovnik’s Old Town four miles (6km) away, which is home to the main cultural attractions. It’s two miles (3km) to Gruž ferry port and 17 miles (27km) to Dubrovnik airport.
Valamar Lacroma has a spacious reception area in a light-filled atrium, which houses several boutiques. First impressions suggest the hotel might be a little impersonal due to its size, but sea views and welcoming staff create an atmosphere that is open and relaxed, making it ideal for families, old and young.
Staff are super-friendly and highly-professional. The concierge can arrange local tours and excursions. The Ragusa Spa has a big heated indoor pool, steam bath, Finnish sauna and ice fountain, and does massage and beauty treatments (Themae and Comfort Zone products). It opens onto an even larger outdoor pool, with sunbeds and parasols, and an adjoining children’s pool. There’s also a gym.
Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik guests have use of facilities at the sister-hotel Valamar Dubrovnik President – a beach with water sports, plus tennis courts. Lacroma’s business facilities include the vast Elafiti Hall (seating 1,200), meeting rooms and a bar, and can also host weddings.
There are 401 rooms and suites. Classics have park-view French balconies, fabrics in cream, beige and brown, stripy carpets and dark wooden furniture. You get a pillow menu (feather, foam, lavender-scented and more), a desk, and tea and coffee making facilities. Beige tiled bathrooms have either bathtub or shower, and Rituals toiletries. Superiors come with floor-to-ceiling glass doors opening onto blissful sea-view balconies.
Junior suites, with a living room and upper-floor bedroom, connected by spiral staircase, are perfect for honeymooners.
The vast ‘Lacroma Buffet Show-Cooking Restaurant’ has free-standing island counters displaying various courses, so there’s no canteen-style queuing. Breakfast sees fresh fruit, yoghurts, bacon and sausage, made-to-order omelettes, plus warm croissants and pancakes – try to bag a table on the sea-view terrace.
At dinner, expect colourful salads, pasta dishes, grilled meat and fish (including tasty swordfish), a show-cooking pizza counter (ideal for kids), modest vegetarian options, and desserts including tiramisu and cheesecake.
The Langusto Restaurant does à la carte Mediterranean cuisine (dinner only) on a small secluded terrace shaded by white awnings – their speciality is fresh lobster, with other dishes including local sea bass and roast lamb. For drinks, you have the all-day Orsula Lobby Bar (occasional live piano) and the summer Pool Bar.
Looking for something else? Get in touch and let us find your perfect getaway. We have access to lots of other holiday deals, some not even listed on our site yet!
- Swimming Pools
- Relax in the spacious outdoor freshwater pool. Unwind on a lounger in the sunbathing area surrounded by fragrant Mediterranean gardens. Don’t forget to try out the two 25-metre swimming lanes in the attractive indoor pool in the Ragusa spa centre.
- Wellness & Spa
- Ragusa SPA at Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik hotel is all about rejuvenation. Perfect balance of earth tones and Mediterranean aromas offers the most comprehensive array of spa treatments in Dubrovnik, making you feel special every step of the way. Signature massages and rituals, aromatic saunas, romantic treatments for couples, vitality zone, relaxation area and a unique Afrodita Spa for women are just a small part of the fantastic wellness service you’d expect for your well deserved ”me” time. For those looking for extra privacy, Ragusa spa offers a special VIP Executive Spa zone.
- Sport & Recreation
- In and around its facilities, Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik offers a whole range of sport and recreation activities including tennis, jogging and swimming. Select one of 15 machines in the spacious fitness center, try beach volleyball, basketball, handball or badminton on our multi-purpose courts within the resort or dive into the deep blue sea with the help of a professional diving school. Those who cannot imagine a day without their jogging or walking routine can enjoy fantastic marked tracks throughout the picturesque Babin Kuk peninsula.
- Do you like being active and having good fun? Join the all-day entertainment programme in the nearby Valamar Club Dubrovnik Hotel. Take part in aqua aerobic sessions or go jogging. Participate in badminton, beach volleyball or tennis competitions. Learn Latin American or standard dances. Your kids will love the fun and imaginative activities for children aged 4 to 17 in the Maro Club or Teens Lounge. In the evening, you can all relax to soft live music on the elegant terrace of the Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel.
- Lacroma Buffet
- Choose from a wide range of buffet breakfast options and delicious local and international specialities during dinner in the hotel’s Lacroma buffet restaurant. Enjoy the laid-back atmosphere and watch our chefs as they prepare and serve your food right in front of you.
- Take a seat on the romantic terrace of the Langusto restaurant and enjoy the view of the Elaphiti Islands. Taste the delicious lobster or seafood specialities with a glass of premium local wine.
- Orsula Lobby Bar
- Have your morning cup of coffee in the lounge area or an evening cocktail in the attractive Orsula lobby bar. Sample light dishes on the spacious terrace with its view of the nearby gardens and sea.
- Onforio Pool Bar
- Order a fine light meal and refreshing drink and relax on the terrace of the Onofrio bar next to the outdoor pool.
- Wine & Cocktail Bar
- Spend a relaxing evening with excellent wines and cocktails in the charming Nocturno bar (opens on request).
- Palma Lounge Bar
- The Palma Lounge bar offers a laid-back, relaxed atmosphere. It opens on request.